Friday, August 28, 2009

A friend indeed!

It couldn't have been a more inoppurtune time to bug Arun. It was 5:50 PM and my daughter's flight was about to land in 5 minutes and I was still about 20 minutes away from the airport. Curtsey: traffic jam.

My heart started a vigorous disco. Thanks to the cellular phone service provider, I just couldn't contact the Kingfisher office.

A person who would rather do her own task than ask for favor, I hesitatingly called up Arun (after all a CEO and Executive Director is a busy man) to enquire if he could send someone to the airport to wait with her till I arrived.

He did not disappoint me.

I felt so humbled and blessed to have a friend like him, a very busy man, who dropped everything to rush to the airport to be with my daughter. He deemed it fit to go there instead of sending one of his executive knowing very well that Guls wouldn't be comfortable with a stranger.He waited there till I reached and completed the hand over formalities.

Thanks a bunch Arun!

Not to forget the refreshing tea his wife, Meenakshi served.

I feel truely blessed!

2 comments:

Sanj said...

Feeling so very PROUD and Good reading this post. Indeed Arun is a wonderful soul.... God bless him!

Sanj said...

God Bless Arun and indeed when friendship comes designation or age or color etc all becomes irrilivant :)