Wednesday, December 05, 2012

My Experience at Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited



I went to the BESCOM office at Sarjapur on 8th November, 2012 to apply for name transfer. I carried all the required documents as listed here http://bescom.org/en/frequently-asked-questions/consumer/.

The person collecting the bills, excitedly directed me to a BESCOM contractor for the indemnity bond and the agreement form. 

All he asked for was a mere Rs. 1500/ to get everything fixed. When I asked him to give me a break down of this money that he demanded, he clearly told me that the legal cost would be about Rs. 400/ and the rest of the money, he very confidently told me, would be to grease the hands of all the engineers involved in this area.

Obviously, I refused to pay this amount. Instead, I wrote to the top brass of BESCOM.  Mr. PManivannan responded immediately and proactively directed his team to enquire and suspend the license of the BESCOM contractor.

I got my name transferred in 30 minutes without paying bribe.

Thank you, Mr. Manivannan!

No comments: